As employees of the Kennesaw State University Center for Election Systems, we subscribe to these Principles and Standards of Conduct:
Principles of Elections
- Freedom is an inherent human right, but it is also fragile and can be lost through neglect or abuse.
- Freedom requires responsibility.
- Freedom can be best maintained and nurtured through the democratic process. The success of the democratic process requires fair and open elections which accurately reflect the intent of the electorate.
Therefore, our unique role in supporting elections is to serve as the gatekeepers of Democracy. Our sacred duty is to protect and promote public trust and confidence by our conduct of accurate, fair and secure elections. As one of the public's guardians of freedom within a democratic society, we are responsible for the integrity of the processes we support. Our role demands that these principles must be placed above personal or partisan gain. Nurturing or protecting Democracy is a team effort in the profession of elections administration. Our task requires wisdom, courage, and the desire to remain focused on our vision of free and impartial elections. By dedicated adherence to these Principles and Standards of Conduct, we demonstrate loyalty to freedom, pride in our profession and a commitment to the excellence of the democratic process.
Standards of Conduct
- I uphold the Constitution of the United States and the state of Georgia and the laws, policies and court decisions of federal, state and local jurisdictions;
- I commit to excellence and competence by maintaining the highest level of knowledge and expertise in the elections process through continuing education and self-evaluation;
- I am accountable for maintaining public confidence in honest and impartial elections which are conducted in a fair, efficient and accurate manner;
- I dignify voters by providing equal opportunity to participate in the democratic process;
- I am responsible for just and equitable treatment of the general public, elected officials and members of my profession;
- I have the courage and stamina to protect the public's interest from manipulation for personal or partisan gain while respecting the rights of all;
- I am flexible and innovative within the framework of the law in carrying out my duties on behalf of the public's interest;
- I maintain a productive and efficient operation through a well managed elections environment;
- I endeavor to maintain the highest level of integrity in performing all duties of my profession.